Easy and irresistible these homemade Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits met all the requirements of fur parents everywhere. Mix, roll (or not) and bake for a treat that will leave your dog begging for more.
NOTE: Though the original recipe contains flour, use rice flour or another gluten-free flour for treats sans gluten.
Tail Waggin’ Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (not the quick cook kind)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy (freshly ground preferred)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed (optional)
- 1 1/4 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 375°F and lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Mix flour and oats in large bowl. Add peanut butter, flax seeds and honey, then add hot water. Blend well to a workable dough.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface to work and use rolling pin to roll out dough, adding flour as needed to dough and to pin to prevent any sticking. Roll out dough to about 1/4" thickness.
- Cut dough with bone-shaped cookie cutters and place on prepared cookie sheet. Or roll dough into 1/4" balls and flatten with hands.
- Bake at 30-40 min. at 375 until golden brown and crispy. Remove and cool entirely on wax paper before storing in tightly covered container. Lasts up to 2 weeks.
These biscuits pass the human taste test as well. Bonus: you and your dog can snack well together.